Who would have thought, seven years ago, that a local community choir from rural Wiltshire would be invited to sing in one of most famous concert halls in the world?
But it is true! And with your help we can get the choir from Wiltshire to New York to perform in The Carnegie Hall.
The Village Singers: International Ambassadors
On 21st January 2019 The Village Singers from Sutton Benger in Wiltshire will join around 200 other choristers from around the world to perform The Music of Sir Karl Jenkins, featuring the US Premier of Symphonic Adiemus. Sir Karl Jenkins himself will be Composer in Residence.
The Village Singers are a non-audition community choir but we have worked hard to develop our individual musicianship and collective performance, under the expert guidance of our Musical Director, Rachel McCorry and Assistant Musical Director, Paul Wendell.
The works of Sir Karl Jenkins are not unknown to us as we first performed The Armed Man, A Mass for Peace back in 2014. This represented a step-change in our performance and has led to this wonderful invitation to the Carnegie Hall.
Supporting The Village Singers and Cultural Development in the Community
We are thrilled to have been invited to take part in this special performance with Sir Karl himself in residence but the cost is prohibitive to many of our members.
We would very much appreciate the support of the local community and companies to enable all our members to benefit from this once-in-a-lifetime collective experience.
With your support the Carnegie Hall experience will:
- Demonstrate that music and performing at a high level can be accessible to all by ensuring that all members of the choir are able to take part
- Allow our choir from Southwest England to unite with choirs from across the world in shared musicianship
- Develop The Village Singers as a choir and help push the boundaries of musicianship
- Give our community of singers a once in a lifetime performance experience they would never have dreamed of
If you or your company are interested in sponsoring the choir we would be delighted to tailor a package to suit your requirements. The kind of things we can offer might include but are not exclusive to the following:
- Logo’d T-shirts with caption e.g. “look who’s sending The Village Singers to Carnegie Hall”. The choir would wear the T-shirts whenever in open space and when travelling
- Concert for your company event or in aid of your chosen charity
- We will run a series of choir rehearsals for your staff and deliver a concert
- We will sing an advert or jingle for your company
- We will carry your logo in all our programmes and advertisements as well as on our website for the next 12 months
- ‘Flashmob’ on plane with your company logo
- In the event we get TV coverage, we will wear your company logo
If you would like to discuss sponsorship or benefactor options in more detail, please get in touch with Louisa Oldfield; email email@example.com or telephone: 07870 279336.
Or you can make a donation directly via get-the-village-singers-to-nyc
With many thanks for your interest.
The Village Singers